Prizes for You and Your School
Awards for each of the twelve challenges
- $300 for each student team member
- $200 for each student team member
- $100 for each student team member
A team can win these awards, and each member will receive $100:
- Likely to Succeed in the Marketplace
- Community Impact
- Global Impact
- Advisors' Favorite (Each school's advisor will be asked to cast a vote for their favorite project, but may not vote for projects from their own school.)
- Exceptional Teamwork
Newly Participating Schools
Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow will recognize the "best project by a team from a newly participating school," awarding $300 to the school and $100 to each student member of the team.
The 2017 competition will bestow up to 12 of these awards, honoring a newly participating school from each of the 10 federal congressional districts in Washington and 2 in Idaho. Within each congressional district, the team from a newly participating school with the highest total score is declared the winner of the district award recognizing a newly participating school. A newly participating school is one that has not participated in Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow in the previous four years (2012-2016).
For all participants
- New this year: each school will receive $300 for just participating!
- A great t-shirt!
Besides competing for awards worth thousands of dollars for yourselves and your school, you get to do the following:
- Learn how to translate your ideas into productive results.
- Present your solutions to University faculty, as well as business and political leaders.
- Interact with students from high schools across the state.
- Visit a major research university and tour its laboratories.
Prize money distribution
You won! Now what? Prize money checks will be sent to all winning team members registered as project participants—even if some of those registered participants are unable to attend the competition. It is up to the team advisor and team members to provide information to competition organizers to facilitate payment. If such information is not provided for some students, their prize money will be forfeited—not reallocated to other team members.
Bring your Social Security number to the event. Winning team members must provide Social Security numbers to competition organizers in order to receive payment. If you're a participant, bringing your Social Security number to the competition will greatly speed the payment process.
What if a home-school team wins? If the home-schooled students are affiliated with a regional or local support group (not just their parents, but an organization such as a cooperative or consortium), prize money will be awarded to the group so that it may benefit multiple settings or classrooms of students. If the home-school team is not associated with such a group, then the institutional/organizational prize money will not be awarded.